Tuesday, September 8, 2009

My kids want a Happy Meal, too...

14 comments:

John Philip Jenkins said...

I would rate this with a b or b-. Was ok, but thought it would be funnier.

Boy Prophet said...

David, I loved this. I was so disturbed by the outrage over Obama's address to the schools that I wrote a letter to the editor. I think I was too sarcastic in the letter, because the newspaper didn't print it. Obama is in the unique position to authentically reach kids who can't be reached by other presidents. I loved the clip.

Boy Prophet said...

By the way, this is Leslie.

Dave said...

Fox and Friends claimed what Obama was doing was unprecedented, which was a joke. George Bush and Ronald Reagan both spoke to children in classrooms, and their messages were far more political (small government, tax cuts, etc.)

John Philip Jenkins said...

What's worse? Pulling your kids out of school or pulling your kids out of church? sorry I couldn't resist.

Dave said...

We're not pulling our kids out of church. We are leaving the church. There is a difference.

John Philip Jenkins said...

I know, I just knew it would envoke a remark. I agree, it is so stupid all this attention stupid people are making on our president's speak to the kids. I've asked a few agents in the office if they had kids today would they have pulled their kids out. A few said yes. I told them how stupid they were, if they were that afraid of having obama say something to them that would harm them so much. Micheal Vick spoke in a few schools yesturday also.

Boy Prophet said...

What is worse, pulling your kids out of school or being an unemployed husband/father for five years? Sorry, couldn't resist . . .

Boy Prophet said...

By the way, this is Eric Rackley.

Boy Prophet said...

David, it was a great clip. I actually had a few people at my work strongly come out against Presdient Obama and say that he was acting just like Hitler and Nazi youth. I think conservative people are truly getting more extreme, vile and crazy.

Boy Prophet said...

I apologize for Eric Rackley's comments. He really has no leg to stand on in making a comment like that . . .

John Philip Jenkins said...

Brad, I am so offended with your comment. Dr. Hulme didn't scrap enough.

Darleen Simonsen said...

Well hello everyone! The comment that made me lol was from "Eric"!! (Brad's humor wins.) I guess I was wrong in thinking I was a conservative if this clip defines that. I had no issues with my kids watching the broadcast...Obama would have shot himself in the foot if he had been overt in anyway. So...do I have to view the other clips on this blog? Which ones will scar my eyes? You should be rating them for me...and not necessarily PG-13 or R, but whether they are really worth the viewing time! But i did enjoy seeing this string of comments. Miss you guys. Having us all together made me realize that we REALLY need to do that more often. Have a great day!

Boy Prophet said...

Darleen, I am REALLY impressed you viewed this Blog. Even if you had to repent to your bishop, you did the right thing. Freedom of speech can be very liberating. It is what we all fought for in the pre-existence. It is also what John told everyone at Michelle's wedding, while he yelled 42 F bombs.